There’s nothing like a delicious tropical smoothie to start your day especially when the sun is shining! Just close your eyes take a sip and it will transport you to that tropical island in the Caribbean you’ve always dreamed of…. Mmmm!
To get things started I prepare my fruit in advance because I just lurve my smoothies ice cold ! So cut them into slices and place in a container in the freezer until required. If you’re one of those organised type of people (sadly if you ask any of my friends and family they’ll say no way Jose!) you can prepare all of your fruit for the week in advance and all you have to do is pop the bag into the blender without the bag of course…
Now place your frozen fruit into your blender and add your coconut water and coconut milk and blend blend blend!
Then pour into a glass of your choice and dream dream dream!!! Slurp…
Remember to keep your coconut for your next coconut dish!
- 1 ripe pineapple
- 1 fresh coconut (or sugar free coconut water)
- 1 ripe melon of your choice
- 1 papaya
- 1 soft mango
- 1 cup coconut milk
- A handful of chia seeds
- A handful of flax seeds
- Prepare your fruit except the coconut as well in advance as possible.
- Peel and slice the fruit and cut into chunks. Place in a glass dish in the freezer.
- When you are ready to make the smoothie take out your fruit and leave aside while you prepare the coconut. Using a corkscrew make a hole in the top of the coconut and let the water drip into a bowl or jug.
- Add all the ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth and and pour into glasses.
- The stronger the blender the better as you can add the fruit straight from the freezer. If your blender is not strong enough then leave the fruit to defrost for 30 minutes. If there's no time then no need to freeze the fruit at all!