If you’re looking for something to give you that energy boost then my raw cacao energy balls are just the thing! Slightly sweet with no added sugar and with natural energy boosters they can pick you up in no time at all… They are also the perfect snack to put in your children’s’ lunch boxes or to pop in your bag for your mid morning snack. Say no to unhealthy snacks with these raw extra delicious energy bites. They look so good before you even bite into them but taste even better when you do!
They raw cacao energy balls are so easy to make once you blend the ingredients together then you can get the kids rolling them. Imagine their pride when they show them around the playground. Soon they will be making their own snacks themselves so no more pressure for us mums… The hardest thing when you decide to avoid all processed snacks is keeping up with the volume at which they are consumed. Once you teach your children to make their own snacks the relief is immense and one less thing to worry about in your busy schedule.
All you need to do is place the nuts in the food processor and grind until well chopped.
Then add the dates and pulse until well chopped. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until well combined and the mixture comes together like a dough.
For a sweeter flavour add 1-2 tablespoons of honey. Roll into bite shapes and dip in desiccated coconut. Raw cacao enhances physical and mental health and is rich in nutrients that increase energy levels and improves mood and concentration. A perfect addition to these raw energy bites!
And they can be rolled into any shape…
Round, square or as a bar. Mmmmmmm….
And they can be dipped in anything you like: desiccated coconut, sesame seeds and cocoa powder. The list is endless.
They can last for up to a week in the fridge, ready when you want… help yourself…. Go on, take a bite!
If you like these then you will love my recipe for cashew butter energy bites!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ½ cup cashews
- 2 cups dates
- 1 tablespoon coconut or nut butter
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon honey, optional
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- Place the cashew nuts in a food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
- Add the dates and blend until they slightly chopped.
- Add the extra ingredients and blend until the mixture comes together like a dough.
- Roll into balls and dip in desiccated coconut.
- Leave in the fridge to set for an hour or when required. They last for up to a week in the refrigerator.
- The consistency of the mix depends on the texture of the dates. Hard dates should be soaked in hot water for 10 minutes.
- The mixture should be soft enough to roll but firm enough to hold it's shape. If the mixture is too soft add extra ground almonds. If the mixture is too dry then add extra dates.
- You may dip the balls in a topping of your choice. Sesame seeds and cocoa powder works well too.